Friday, December 12, 2008

Another Planning Tool Available in Ohio

Most people are aware that they can nominate a guardian for their minor children in the event that they are no longer available. This is typically done in a person’s will and may also appear in a separate document such as a power of attorney. Ohio law now provides that parents can also nominate a guardian for an adult incompetent child. Any parent who acts as a caregiver or otherwise assists an adult incompetent child may very well want to select a person or persons to continue in that role should that parent become unavailable.

No comments: